Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
When Employment Office sprang into the market place in 2002, it blew its competitors out of the water as an intelligent recruitment option that combined the best of both DIY and agency recruitment. Becoming a joint venture with world class travel provider Flight Centre in 2008, the Employment Office journey continues with extensive growth planned in the future, including new international offices to join our current bases in Brisbane, Melbourne, Toronto, and Vancouver. Employment Office is proud to have been listed in BRW's Great Places to Work in both 2011 and 2012, placing 27th and 25th respectively!
Located near the Brisbane CBD on Park Rd (Milton), we enjoy a view of the Brisbane river in our modern offices, access to great cafes and restaurants, and lots of nearby public transport.
Employment Office has a rewarding opportunity for a Software Engineer to join the team in Milton. We're happy to consider part-time or casual employment. Students are welcome to apply!
You'll be working primarily with SCOUT - our candidate management system. We work with a fantastic web development company named NetEngine who support this system at a high level, and will act as ongoing consultants, but we're looking for a developer to join our team locally.
In this exciting role, you'll be responsible for:
- Writing and maintaining good code;
- Creating and maintaining complex applications;
- Optimising app and server performance;
- Working, collaborating and knowledge sharing with other engineer.
- Ruby 1.8 & 1.9 - Rails 2 & 3
- RESTful API design
- Performance optimisation
- Unit and integration testing experience
- Deployment of web applications
- Agile development methodologies
- User experience and user workflows
- Clean, beautiful code
- NoSQL databases (e.g. Redis, CouchDB, MongoDB)
- Mobile app development experience (iOS, Android, jQuery Mobile)
- *nix Server Administration
- AWS: EC2, S3
What's on Offer?
In return for your hard work, you'll receive a competitive remuneration package and a project-based performance incentive.
As a joint venture with Flight Centre, you'll love the award-winning, world renowned benefits that such a large organisation has to offer. These include:
- Free heath consultations;
- Free access to our in-house financial planners and home loan brokers;
- Discount travel; and
- A range of discounted products and services.
Combine this with direct support from management and you'll love working at Employment Office! Our global expansion means that career-defining opportunities both in Australia and abroad are constantly available.