Publicist (part time or casual)
- Fast-growing, entrepreneurial recruitment organisation
- Competitive hourly rate, and potential for performance-based incentives
- Flexible hours and beautiful river views from our new office!
Where are the best places to work in Australia? Right here! Employment Office has made BRW’s Great Places to Work Top 50 list, debuting at #27.
It is an enormous honour to be on this list alongside some of the world’s largest companies (Google is #1 on the list). After rigorous audit, the categories Employment Office particularly excelled in are staff appreciation and recognition, sharing and celebrating, training and development, and career progression. We have a dedicated and friendly team who turn every day into one where staff can’t wait to get to work and that really is priceless in any workplace.
Employment Office is not your traditional 'employment agency'. We are a Recruitment Solutions Provider - an expert in recruitment marketing. Our key strength lies in creating budget-savvy recruitment campaigns with unique candidate attraction strategies that assist our clients in tapping into the deepest talent pools, with a product unique to Australia. We do things differently at Employment Office, and our clients know it!
Employment Office is now 50 percent owned by Flight Centre with offices in Brisbane, Melbourne, Vancouver and Toronto. We are growing rapidly towards our 2020 goal of 2,500 staff globally.
About our Publicist
We're looking for an experienced Publicist to join our global head office in Taringa, Brisbane on a part-time or casual basis.
The primary purpose of this role will be to generate publicity and media exposure for Employment Office. This will include generating media exposure for EO's charity cycling event - Tour De Office. This is a CSR initiative that promotes a healthy work/life balance, while at the same time raising money for charity. This event is currently in its second year, and after a highly successful first year, it is only getting bigger and better.
More specifically, you will be required to:
- Develop publicity plans and write press releases to promote the business;
- Build strong working relationships with key media, pitching releases and coordinating interviews;
- Efficiently service media requests for images and information;
- Manage press clippings via Media Monitors, and collate reports as needed;
- Liaise with our overseas teams on global projects and initiatives;
- Assist with the maintenance and development of the Publicity department, incorporating best practices.
We are looking for someone with experience in the publicity industry and a track record in increasing the exposure and awareness of a business or brand.
You will require excellent communication skills, and a creative flare - with the ability to initiate ideas and work on projects autonomously.
Time management skills will be important in this position, as will interpersonal / relationship building skills.
A relevant tertiary qualification will be held in high regard, but is not essential.
We can offer flexible hours, therefore this role might be well-suited to working parents or people who are studying.
This is your chance to contribute significantly to the growth of an organisation that is truly going places.
Your ideas will be welcomed into a company culture that values innovation. We're proactive about developing our people and have a culture dedicated to rewarding success and achievement.
A competitive hourly rate will be negotiated with the successful candidate, with the potential for performance-based incentives.
Other employee benefits include:
- Discount travel benefits, and access to Flight Centre Limited's in-house travel experts
- Free health & fitness consultations
- Access to in-house financial planners - offering discounts on products including insurance
- Career development opportunities
If you're looking for role flexibility and diversity, join the team at Employment Office.