Tender/Submission Writer (Sydney, location negotiable)
Sydney (Negotiable), NSW
- Join a respected NGO organisation during an exciting time of change!
- Work from Sydney or from another negotiable location!
- Excellent remuneration package made up of base salary + super + tax free benefits!
About the Organisation
The Richmond Fellowship of New South Wales (RFNSW) is a rapidly growing NGO (non government organisation). For close to 40 years, we have provided community-based mental health support and rehabilitation services throughout metropolitan, regional, rural and remote New South Wales. We are recognised as a leading provider of mental health services and promote the rights of those experiencing mental illness. RFNSW is committed to providing high quality services and is looking for an insightful and innovative individual dedicated to making a difference in mental health.
- Provides a range of accommodation services with varying levels of support that enable people with mental illness to live in the community in an environment of support and acceptance.
- Provides and facilitates access to recovery and psychosocial rehabilitation programs that assist each person to maximise his or her potential to function at an optimum individual level.
- Supports people to be able to take greater responsibility for their lives.
- Promotes positive attitudes towards people with a mental illness in the community and to challenge and overcome prejudice and stigma.
- Lobbies for increased resources to improve services for people with a mental illness.
About the Opportunity
The Richmond Fellowship of New South Wales (RFNSW) is seeking a full-time Tender/Submission Writer for a 12 month contract, preferably based in Sydney (with other locations negotiable).
This is a pivotal role for an experienced professional to prepare highly persuasive tender and submission documentation, while working effectively with key internal stakeholders.
Working on timely responses to complex, multimillion-dollar submissions, some of your key duties may include:
- Project managing the content development tender milestones;
- Developing writing plans and content guides to ensure the tender comprehensively answers questions;
- Conducting meetings and interviews to extract information from divisional teams;
- Writing tender responses based on information supplied and supplemented by additional research;
- Coordinating feedback from various sources;
- Editing and proof reading tender responses;
- Incorporating tender strategies, key messages and win themes in tender responses; and
- Formatting documents in line with the style guide.
To be successful in this critical position, you will have a proven track record writing successful tenders with a thorough understanding of and previous experience working in the Community Services sector. Excellent communication skills are essential, including the ability to produce technical writing in a professional style to an exceptional standard.
You will need to be capable of facilitating group discussions in order to extract the relevant information from stakeholders and then review and interpret complex information. In addition, you'll be a well-organised individual with the ability to execute effective project management methodologies that will ensure objectives are met on time and within budget. This will include maintaining a centralised information database.
Your high attention to detail and stakeholder management skills while working autonomously on projects is essential, as is the ability to work late nights and weekends if needed. Importantly, you will need the ability to develop illustrative examples linked with tender response, including strong Microsoft Office suite skills.
In addition to an attractive remuneration package, you will finish each working day knowing you have helped to improve the lives of others.
Although the successful applicant will preferably be based in Sydney, RFNSW is also willing to negotiate the location for the right applicant.
RFNSW is a great organisation to work for, with a commitment to staff development, training and work/life balance. A supportive and friendly organisational culture will further increase your job satisfaction.
Join this vibrant organisation that recognises and values its people as demonstrated by:
• Tax-Free Salary Packaging available of up to $16,050;
• Family-friendly and flexible working conditions;
• Generous leave provisions including paid maternity leave;
• A talent management and study assistance program;
• Career development opportunities;
• Access to peer support and critical incident support services and regular professional management support; and
• Comprehensive infrastructure including fleet motor vehicles, mobile phones and other resources for work purposes.
Successful applicants will be appointed subject to a national criminal record check and checks with referees.
RFNSW values respect and professionalism and encourages a supportive and learning culture for its people. We are committed to EEO principles and a workplace free of discrimination.