- Bring your accounting skills to an exciting key business support role!
- Quarterly staff awards night ranging from boat trips to bowling!
- Enjoy an attractive remuneration package, great benefits and a fantastic company culture!
Your New Company
Employment Office (EO) was founded in Australia as a unique recruitment service for businesses of all sizes. Fast-forward to today and the Vancouver team have taken Canada by storm. Our brilliant recruitment solutions and affordable pricing ensures our clients keep coming back, as does the fact that we're not a traditional employment agency. How we differ is that we are a Recruitment Solutions organization and an expert in effective recruitment processes and recruitment marketing strategies.
EO is also a company full of professionals that work hard, enjoy each others company, and occasionally have an office table quiz. If that sounds like the sort of group you want to work with then we want to hear from you.
Your New Career Awaits
Employment Office currently has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and dedicated Accountant to join our team in our downtown Vancouver office.
Working closely with the Group CFO and Business Leaders, you will manage a variety of financial functions for our Canadian division. You will be the sole finance individual working within our Canadian office.
Using cloud-based software such as Salesforce and Xero, your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Producing month-end statements and reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintaining monthly reconciliations, account analysis and continuity schedule.
- Managing invoicing and debtor collections.
- Conducting bank reconciliations.
- Managing accounts payable and reviewing supplier contracts with team leaders to ensure profit maximization.
- Assisting with general office administration.
- Maintaining internal control and safeguards to protect the assets of the company and ensure effective cost controls are in place.
- Running the payroll.
We are seeking an ambitious individual who will be able to add value to our organization through the provision of outstanding financial support. To do this, you will need excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong and effective relationships with our internal and external stakeholders
Our ideal candidate will be a qualified Accountant, or in the process of obtaining a professional accounting designation (CA/CGA/CMA), and will have demonstrated working towards competing deadlines.
With a strong understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite, you will also have experience using Accounting software packages (preferably Xero) and CRM's (preferably SalesForce).
If you are a highly organized, bright and personable individual with strong attention-to-detail, then we want you on our team!
For your hard work, you’ll be rewarded with an attractive salary of $55,000 - $65,000 along with a host of other benefits including:
- A comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and more
- Life and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Quarterly staff awards nights, parties, and celebration of achievements
- The opportunity to attend the annual Global Gathering - in the past we've been to Vegas, Singapore, Cancun, Paris, Hawaii and New Zealand. Next year we're going to Seoul, South Korea.
- RRSP matching
- Complimentary gym access and free coffee/fruit and snacks in the office
- Two (2) weeks’ vacation time to start, with the opportunity to earn up to five (5) weeks as your career with EO progresses
- A chance to play with our office puppy!
Don't miss this opportunity to develop your skills and experience with our growing organization. Apply today!