Recruitment and Shortlisting Specialist (Graduate)
Grow your career, develop your future, and be part of our success story. Join a culture of supportive collaboration and positive conversation. We’re competitive, resilient, and motivated to work hard, and we have leaders, not managers.
Become a recruiter. Specialise, build relationships, and deliver innovative products with an organisation where you’ll be recognised and rewarded for your achievements. Earn, celebrate, and have fun with us!
The pressure’s on in this fast-paced, high-performance environment. But there’s free fruit… and beer.
Connecting people to grow companies, careers and communities.
That’s what we’re all about at Employment Office.
Recruitment is (or should be!) a major priority for every business across Australia. To grow a business and outperform the competition you need to be able to attract the best talent, regardless of the industry or position.
But recruitment is a challenge. It can be a struggle for HR, who often don't have the range of skills required, from copywriting through to software systems and candidate management. Or it's a 'grudge' purchase when employers have to use those expensive agencies that charge a high percentage of salary for a candidate that sometimes isn’t even the best fit!
Employment Office offers our clients a different option - a suite of products and services that offer great value, and are highly effective and transparent. Our customers know exactly what they pay for, and trust our Specialist Recruitment Advertising and Shortlisting Teams to find and secure the best talent for their organisation.
Your New Career
We're currently seeking an enthusiastic and driven Graduate or early career professional to join our Shortlisting and Selection Team in Brisbane as a Recruitment Specialist.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to get your foot in the door of an industry leading, global recruitment organisation!
Instead of the typical agency/360 recruitment model, we customise solutions that suit our individual clients' needs and we don't charge placement fees. This means you'll get to focus on coordinating recruitment processes for our clients and delivering exceptional candidate care to candidates.
To be clear - this role is not an 'employment services' role in which you work on behalf of candidates and actively help them find employment. Rather, you will work directly with, and on behalf of, corporate clients to help them find people for their specific roles.
One of the most exciting aspects of the role is the the variety each day brings. You'll work across a wide range of industry sectors and locations - think anything from Admin Assistants in Sydney, to a CEO for a national NFP, to Event Coordinators for one of Australia's leading beverage companies.
More specifically, these are the types of daily tasks you'll tackle:
- Reviewing and ranking candidate applications online;
- Speaking with clients to understand their ideal candidate profile;
- Performing video and phone interviews;
- Conducting employment reference checks;
- Coordinating interview schedules with both client and candidates;
- Focusing on candidate care, providing candidates with feedback and answering any questions they may have about the recruitment process; and
- Facilitating online behavioural testing.
Full training will be provided, ensuring you have a great base on which to build your recruitment career!
Who Are We Looking For?
Our team love what we do and we are looking for passionate, driven and enthusiastic people to join our team. If you have the right attitude, we will help you to develop the recruitment skills that you need to set you up for future success.
In return we are looking for the following:
- Someone who is professional and polished. You will be on the phone and/or face to face with key clients and candidates representing our business everyday so you must be well presented and have the ability to communicate confidently and articulately with multiple stakeholders.
- Someone with energy and DRIVE! You want to start a career! You want to succeed! If you have won workplace awards, undertaken internships, progressed through the ranks in your current role - these are attributes that will be highly regarded.
- Someone who has worked in a fast-paced environment. This doesn't have to be recruitment but you do need to demonstrate that you can handle dealing with multiple deadlines, stakeholders and problems at any given time.
- Someone who cares about what they are doing. You will be genuinely interested in connecting great candidates with great organisations and will follow up on your campaigns to ensure you are delivering the best possible results.
- Someone who wants THIS job, not just any job. If you are going to copy and paste your application from another job application - don't bother! We want someone who wants to work with us as much as we want to work with them. If you don't care about your application, this is not the role for you.
If you have some recruitment experience under your belt - great! But this is not mandatory, providing you can demonstrate the above attributes.
Package & Perks
You’ll be offered an attractive base salary plus super and performance-based incentives.
Some great little perks of working here are fresh fruit and snacks each day, free coffee, and Friday afternoon drinks. We also have some giant perks like quarterly celebrations (think catering, dancing, awards, etc.) and an annual all expenses paid international trip for top performers.
Most importantly, the work we do at EO is important. We create valuable connections for employers and jobseekers day in and day out, and we you want to be a part of it.
Immediate start available - don't hesitate to apply!